Dress High or Tall Windows The Right Way
High windows add a sense of grandeur to your space. Due to their size, they let in lots of light and warmth, and they are beautiful. At times, covering these windows is ideal, but how do you do it without losing light or drawing too much attention to their size?
Keep reading for Tucson’s window treatments for high windows that will still look amazing.
What To Consider When Choosing Window Treatments
Interior design trends can add inspiration, but there’s so much detail to think about when choosing window treatments that will highlight the room’s best features. When dressing tall windows, consider the following:
- Does your chosen treatment match your room’s furniture and overall look?
- Is the treatment the right length for the window?
- Is the hardware sufficient to hold the curtains or drapes you’ve picked?
- How frequently do you want to change the lighting in the room?
- What kind of fabric or material suits your needs or preferences?
- Will you need professional help to install the treatment?
Here are some other ideas for curtains, drapes, shades, and blinds:
Curtains and Drapes
All curtains and drapes make a great choice for high windows. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but they also play to the height of the window. The effect creates a sense of spaciousness in the room and draws the eye to any focal points you want to show off.
When choosing curtains or drapery panels for your high windows, always double-check your measurements. Accuracy is crucial when purchasing the appropriate curtain rods because curtains for high windows can be heavy, especially a thicker fabric.
Shades are an incredibly customizable option for high windows, with different fabrics and styles to match just about any room. Some varieties that you can choose from include the following:
- Roman shades: Provide great coverage and aesthetic appeal.
- Solar shades: Block harmful UV rays well.
- Top-down bottom-up shades: Let the light in at the top or bottom of the window only.
- Cellular shades: Trap air extremely well and are energy efficient, which is great at insulating the room to regulate temperatures.
Motorized shades are excellent window treatments for high windows. An automatic control raises and lowers the shade, which makes perfect sense for large, unreachable windows.
Blinds are also an option for high windows to let light into a room. However, blinds can be difficult to open and close for high-up windows. They may not be the best choice if you want to adjust the window blinds frequently.
If you need help, a window treatment professional like Desert Window Wear can answer your questions and find the best treatment option. Don’t do it alone, do it correctly!
Visit Tucson’s Preferred Window Treatment Choice
Are you ready to install gorgeous window treatments for high windows? Desert Window Wear is the right place to shop for window treatments in 2023. Call (520) 636-0650 to schedule a consultation with our window treatment professional today!